Frequently asked questions
1. What is RMHC®/HACER®?
- RMHC/HACER is a scholarship program for Hispanic students.
2. How much has RMHC/HACER awarded in scholarships to Hispanic students?
- Since 1985, RMHC/HACER has awarded more than $22 million dollars in scholarships to Hispanic students.
3. What is the RMHC/HACER scholarship program award range?
- Awards range from $1,000 to $100,000.
4. In what year was the national scholarship added to the RMHC/HACER scholarship program?
- In 2008, the national scholarship was added to the RMHC/HACER scholarship program.
5. How many students are awarded the RMHC/HACER national scholarship every year?
- The RMHC/HACER national scholarship is awarded to four students.
6. How much does each RMHC/HACER national scholarship recipient receive in scholarship money?
- Each student receives $100,000 to help finance their college tuition.
7. The RMHC/HACER national scholarship recipients are selected based on what criteria?
- The students are selected based on their academic achievement, financial need, and community involvement.
8. Is community service a big part of the RMHC/HACER national scholarship selection process?
- Yes, community service plays a big role in the selection process of the four RMHC/HACER national scholarship recipients.
9. What are some of the application requirements for the RMHC/HACER scholarship program?
- Be a legal U.S. resident, be a graduating high school senior, have at least one parent of Hispanic descent, and eligibility to enroll at attend an institution of higher education or a vocational/technical school, etc. Check out the Apply for a scholarship section for more details.
10. Where can you find more information on the RMHC/HACER scholarship program?
11. Where can I apply for the RMHC/HACER Scholarship program?
- You can download the application here. The deadline is December 20th, 2013.